We want to hear from you, dear readers! What do you like about The Fat Word? What would you change? What would you like to see more of? What has pissed you off? We here at TFW want to make sure you see and read material that is funny, thoughtful, and relevant to you.
The Fat Word strives to bring the perspectives and life experiences of fat people into the main stream culture. We are fashionable. We are beautiful. We are desirable. We are handsome. We are smart. We think critically. We need to support one another, even when society says we should compete instead. We show fat people and their allies being healthy, fun, smart, sexy, and thoughtful.
Warning to those living under the Troll Bridge: Hate speech and bullying on this site are not protected under the 1st Amendment. Comments are moderated.
Fat TweetsMy Tweets
- Don’t worry readers! We haven’t forgotten you!
- How to know if you’re a Men’s Rights Activist
- Growing Straw Men in a Field of False Equivalence: Conflating HAES with Fat Acceptance
- The Acceptance Gap: Partners
- The Acceptance Gap: Friends
- The Acceptance Gap: Families
- Burn the Underpants: What happens when those you love don’t understand fat acceptance?
- Tearin’ up the Comments Section
- Louis CK, I Love You With All of My Big Fat Heart
- Reliably, Dr. Douchebag Keeps on Douching